What is the GDPR (and why should I care)?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union.
For that reason, GDPR applies to any organization in the European Union that is processing personal data, as well as any organization that processes the personal data of EU data subjects, regardless of whether the organization has a presence in the European Union or whether the processing is conducted within the European Union.
If you collect, store, manage, or analyze personal data of any type, including email addresses, it is likely that the GDPR affects your organization.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation designed to increase protections around the processing of personal data of data subjects in the European Union.
What is Bouncezap doing to ensure GDPR compliance?
There are several steps we’re taking across every part of our company to ensure GDPR compliance.
This includes various new features and tools to help us, you and your email subscribers to facilitate GDPR requests, as well internal changes, policies and contractual changes and updates.
Here’s a list:
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer – COMPLETE
- Research the areas of our product and business impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Make the required changes in our Terms of Service – COMPLETE
- Produce a written Data Processing Agreement for our EU customers – COMPLETE
- Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product based on the requirements – IN PROGRESS
- Feature: Checkbox to request consent to your email subscribers on Bouncezap popups and forms – COMPLETE
- Feature: New export functionality (right to data portability) – COMPLETE
- Feature: Add double opt-in feature for subscribers of a Bouncezap campaign – IN PROGRESS
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
Last edited: May 23nd, 2018